1. Heat oven to 170⁰c
2. Heat ½ cup grapeseed or other odourless oil & ½ cup honey in a large ovenproof pan in oven til melted.
3. Add 2 cups rolled oats, 3 cups whole oats, ½ cup thread coconut, ¼ cup sesame seed, ¼ cup flax seed, ¾ cup walnuts or chopped almonds, ½ cup sunflower seeds, 1 ½ teaspoons salt, ½ teaspoon cinnamon. Stir with a large metal spoon.
4. Bake for 10 minutes, stir again, then repeat this twice til the muesli is golden throughout. Be sure to stir carefully away from the corners, as this is the burn danger area. The cooking process takes usually about 25 minutes in total.
5. Remove from oven, stir in about ½ a cup each of chopped dried apricots, currants, raisins and whatever other dried fruit you fancy.
6. Leave to cool before storing in airtight containers.
Quantities are fairly approximate. The cooking is the tricky bit.
Enjoy with fresh fruit, yoghurt and milk! Mmmmmmm!